December 18, 2007

Our New Art Lamp


Our library finally has a conversation piece worth talking about. As one of the last parts of our renovation plan, we purchased this art lamp. The lamp is just a cylinder of light, but it comes with up to 100 hangers you can use to hang original artwork. Right now, we have snowflakes hanging that were created by patrons and staff. The library staff are already talking about future projects. Hearts for Valentines Day? Flip flops for summer? Today, my co-worker came in and brought some origami butterflies made from pretty blue and purple paper. She wants to hang them on the lamp this summer to go with the teen summer reading theme: Metamorphosis. This lamp has great potential to be an eye pleaser.

4 comments:

Em said...

Wow, what a cool lamp! Where did you get it?

Zee said...

I am not sure. If I can find out, I will try to let you know.

arp said...

Very interesting! I love it. It's eye catching and cool since you can change it out.

Shari said...

Oooh. The picture of the art lamp caught my eye right away. I like unique things like that.